If you hot rod is driven more frequently than the majority of street rods. We know hot rodders for whom their hot rod is their primary vehicle. If that's you, a stated value policy or actual cash value policy might be your only option. These policies are not as advantageous as an agreed value policy, but at least you'll have some protection and will be legal if your state has liability requirements. That may change someday. Insurance companies seem eager to deal with the challenges of a changing hobby.